Chris Neal, January 2021
Each month the company nominates someone who has gone above and beyond their day job. The winner of the award is then announced at our monthly FREE Thursday round up and is added to our annual prize draw for free return flights anywhere in Europe!
10 Questions with our Employee of the Month
1. Which team and office do you work in?
I work in the Manchester office working within Pensions & Investments, Operations and Compliance
2. How would you describe your job to a 10-year-old?
Help people find their dream jobs!
3. What would be your claim to fame / something people may not know about you?
I once got through all the audition stages for Big Brother (when it used to be good on C4) but was pipped to the post at the end!
4. Name one thing which you’ve been most proud of at work in the last 6 months.
Working closely with my colleague Ellen Mulvey rolling out Ally Training internally across the business.
If you could change one thing about working at FISER, what would it be?
I wish we didn’t have separate offices (North/South divide) so we could all get together more often…post covid…
5. What advice would you give to a new joiner?
Get stuck in, don’t be afraid to ask questions and learn from your colleagues around you.
6. What’s your current favourite app?
Rightmove…who doesn’t spend hours seeing what house they can buy with £2m?
7. What’s your favourite line from a film?
Keep the change you filthy animal
8. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Crisps…I’m more of a savoury than a sweet person
9. If you could switch jobs with someone (doesn’t have to be at FISER!), who would it be?
Gordon Ramsay, I like the way he screams at the American restaurant owners in Kitchen Nightmares USA.
10. What has been the most challenging part of lockdown and what have you enjoyed the most? (Any new skills, hobbies that you have etc?)
The most challenging thing has been not being about to go to the pub, I am absolutely dying for a pint on a Saturday afternoon with no table service and no face mask!!! I have enjoyed having no plans, hate my schedule being filled up weeks ahead.