Luka Sotelo, February 22
Each month the company nominates someone who has gone above and beyond their day job. The winner of the award is then announced at our monthly FREE Thursday round up and is added to our annual prize draw for free return flights anywhere in Europe!
Quick Questions with our Employee of the Month
1. Which team and office do you work in?
I work in the HR & Secretarial division. We look at everything HR across the whole spectra of Financial Services organisations; alongside this, we work on Secretarial roles supporting teams and individuals within those firms.
2. How would you describe your job to a 10 year old?
I do matchmaking, except instead of with two people, it’s with people and the jobs they like.
3. What would be your claim to fame / something people may not know about you?
Something people might not know about me is that I’m a bit of a never-ending tourist – even though I’ve grown up in London, I still find myself always amazed by the same sights over and over. But I also love exploring in my spare time and finding secret places both in the city and in England, so it’s in equal measures!
4. Name one thing which you’ve been most proud of at work in the last 6 month
I rejigged the way we track our work to make it a little bit easier and more efficient for us. Less clicking is always better.
5. If you could change one thing about working at FISER, what would it be?
In-house office pets.
6. What advice would you give to a new joiner?
Don’t be afraid to reach out and start meeting your colleagues! Come to our nights out, ask questions when you’re curious - as recruiters we’d be doing a bad job if we can’t make you feel at home with a chat, so please get to know us!
7. What’s your current favourite app?
Photoshop (I take photos a lot so a bit addicted to processing them. I’d be that nerd hogging the university darkroom back in the 80s.)
8. What’s your favourite line from a film?
"When someone calls you a name, take it and own it.”
9. What’s your favourite thing you own and why?
My camera! One of my favourite things to do is capturing memories. Maybe because my actual memory is so bad.
10. If you could trade lives with someone, who would it be?
No one?? That would be terrifying??
11. What was your favourite part of the #Barbs22 company trip?
A tie between the beautiful weather and the drinks on tap.
12. What do you most look forward to in 2022?
The summer. Maybe even having a summer for real for the first time in two years …