Rachael Fish, February 2021
Each month the company nominates someone who has gone above and beyond their day job. The winner of the award is then announced at our monthly FREE Thursday round up and is added to our annual prize draw for free return flights anywhere in Europe!
10 Questions with our Employee of the Month
1. Which team and office do you work in?
I'm in the Manchester office and look after roles in the regions outside of London.
2. How would you describe your job to a 10 year old?
I help people with their careers and to find their dream job!
3. What would be your claim to fame / something people may not know about you?
I was once on stage with Ian Smith who played Harold Bishop on Neighbours
4. Name one thing which you’ve been most proud of at work in the last 6 months...
Being promoted to Associate Director. I have been working towards this for a long time and to finally get there before my 40th birthday was a wonderful achievement.
5. If you could change one thing about working at FISER, what would it be?
Erm.... nothing... maybe I would like a few more good people on the team.
6. What advice would you give to a new joiner?
Come with enthusiasm to speak to your clients and candidates and you will do well. Getting to know people is the best tool to have in your tool box.
7. What’s your current favourite app?
Kindle - i've rediscovered reading on my holidays!
8. What’s your favourite line from a film?
Coughlins Law, bury the dead, they stink up the joint
9. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Baileys Hot Chocolate with whipped cream and toasted marshmallows... yes even in the summer 🙂
10. If you could switch jobs with someone (doesn’t have to be at FISER!), who would it be?
I'd love to play Victoria in the ITV series... Jenna Coleman is amazing, but i'd love to swap for a day!
11. What was the most challenging part of (Covid-19) lockdown and what did you enjoyed the most? (Any new skills, hobbies that you have etc?)
Yoga! My mother in law and I are now doing this twice a week and I feel a million times better for it.