Bruin is a specialist recruitment consultancy and is part of The FISER Group. We assist financial and professional services professionals to secure positions with some of the most prestigious organisations in the UK, N. America and Europe. Partnering to identify the most talented individuals in the market with the skills and experience to join our clients.
Our client base includes the top asset managers, investment firms, banks and insurers in the world, who value our boutique approach and in-depth industry knowledge. Bruin’s Directors have decades of experience and have attracted a tight-knit team of former industry professionals from FTSE listed companies, to build a highly respected team of Consultants who are all experts in their field. We’re also one of the fastest growing recruitment businesses in the UK, with serious ambitions for the future.
We have been recognised by various awards including Times Best Companies, as well as industry awards for our expertise in financial services and for championing diversity, including Recruiter of the Year and the Deloitte Award for Diversity at a national level. Our values are Passion, Honesty, Trust and Integrity which is reflected in our reputation with our clients, candidates and peers.
About the Risk & Credit team
You will be joining a high performing team and supporting several top performers. The Risk & Credit team is one of Bruin’s most successful departments, winning ‘Team of the Year’ multiple times, so as a new joiner, you will flourish in our experience, technical abilities and knowledge of our market. The team works with leading figures in the industry, with trusted relationships forged over many years. We regularly hold seminars and networking events, allowing you to gain an insight to the industry that you won’t get anywhere else.
We’d like Bruin to be where you build your career. We have a structured in-house training and mentoring programme where you’ll learn directly from experienced Managers and Directors, alongside your peers. This is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the financial services industry and develop your skills in market research, headhunting and sophisticated sales techniques.
We don’t expect you to have previous experience in financial services, sales or business development; it’s our job to teach you everything you need to know about our industry. What we are looking for is someone who is a team player and has a desire to succeed. Someone who is entrepreneurial by nature and thrives in a lively, sociable, competitive environment. We guarantee that no two days will be the same, so you’ll also need to have great attention to detail and enjoy a challenge.
What we look for:
· Good undergraduate degree or graduate calibre with some sales experience, which could include retail or customer facing services
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbally.
· Commercial focus
· Information gathering and problem solving skills
· A passion for sales
· Self-starter, able to work autonomously
· A positive mind-set and belief that this leads to results
· A second language is advantageous, but not essential
Supporting and working alongside our experienced consultants, this is a varied role covering UK and N. American markets with the opportunity to make it your own. Your responsibilities will include:
· Market research using a variety of tools from media platforms to bespoke CRM systems
· Providing support on client briefing calls and attending candidate interviews
· Headhunting, using referrals from within our network and making direct approaches
· Assist in organising (and joining) seminars and networking events for industry leaders
· Regular contact with candidates to understand their motivations, their personal strengths and job requirements
· Creation and distribution of job advertisements using a range of online channels, including content on our website and via social media
· Assisting with candidate interview preparation, diary maintenance and interview scheduling
· Administrative support, such as preparing presentations, maintaining client documentation library and updating templates
Please contact Simeon.Randell@bruinfinancial.com for more information and to apply.